I’m starting a business. It’s a purely online business. We’re going to manage WordPress sites. Customers will be global. A grandma in Detroit, a professional blogger in Sydney, or a teenager in Bangkok. As the principal owner of the business, I will be nomadic for a few more years. I’m trying to decide where to incorporate said business.
- I might eventually sell the business, most likely in the USA.
- I don’t mind paying tax, but I want to stay “international”.
- We’ll most likely take payment by PayPal.
- I believe in transparency, the ownership structure will be visible for all the world to see.
I’ve considered a few options:
- Incorporate in Vanuatu. Tax haven, minimal red tape. Can I get PayPal linked to my Vanuatian bank account?
- Incorporate in Vanuatu, establish subsidiary in Scotland. Gives me long term international ownership. Might add legal complexity.
- Incorporate in Scotland. Administration of the business has a cost. Would I need a director physically in Scotland?
- Incorporate in the USA. Not sure how to do that from overseas. Is it costly? Worth the effort? Bureaucratic red tape?
What do you think? Can you share any experience? Do you know any experts in this area I could speak to?
Here’s a picture from Jennoit on flickr which came up on a search for incorporate!